Goog Adsense

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Good week for stocks considering it was option expiration week. Then again, thats expected. Usually during option expiration week, broader markets are going to either go up or down in one direction. Market looks like it once to position itself for a major move up or down (there's a genius prediction.) No, but seriously, investor sediment does seem negative yet the markets are going higher? Honestly, I dont think there's much uncertainty out there. We hear the same ole uncertainties day after day: higher oil/energy prices, real estate bubble, new Federal reserve chairman's transiion (although, this one is only most recent), interest rates, Iraq, etc. The bottom line is, and as much as we don't like to hear these things, they're becoming a part of our every day life. Tell me this. Whenever we see on the news that there are more deaths in Baghdad, does that really phase anyone? Of course, we're compassionate about the situation and our condolences to the the families of the lost one's, but wasn't it not so long ago (i.e. years) that when the media said someone died over there, the markets tanked/triggered sell-off? Anyway, sorry, just watned to vent.

On a side note, Iowa hurt me in the NCAA tourney. They lost to a last second 3 pointer by Northwestern state. It was a tough shot by the Northwestern player, and there wasn't anythign Iowa could do. In poker terms, it was like someone getting burned on the river card!!! Anyway, I had them going to the Final 4. I was bummed, because I thought this was going to be the first year ever (dating back to 91) that I would have ALL my sweet 16 teams alive after Day 2. Instead, I go 15/16. So go Villanova (who struggled against Monmouth) to win it all. I have them playing Pittsburgh.

No comments: