Goog Adsense

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Trading Ideas for the Week of March 13th:

Watching NYSE: LVS (Las Vegas Sands). Goldman Sachs is lead manager in this secondary, so depending on my allocation from MWD (Morgan Stanley) of which I have based on how many shares I receive, I can "try to" guage how much of the secondary is being allocated to both the retail and institutional side.)

Looking to accumulate some Nasdaq: FORM (Formfactor, Inc.) Entry price is < $38. If you look at the charts, this stock took off after it reported. By them blowing out numbers, its probably a lock they're going to blow out next quarters earnings since the analysts have to be reasonable about their estimates. Semiconductors have done very well this year so far (i.e. BRCM, RMBS, NVDA, etc.) So it will be no surprise that this stock shouldn't be any different. Another reason why I like this stock, is b/c they just did a secondary last Thursday. And I didn't get a single share. What does this mean? Chances are the institutions gobbled it up for their personal use and will guide the stock to go higher.

Energy Play: NYSE: CHK (Chesapeake Energy) Did everyone forget this is going to be added to the S&P500? Stocks hovering around the prices it was at when they made the annoucement was made that the were going to be added. Someone is trying to manipulate the price to get these S&P500 managers to add it to their index portfolio's cheaply. I'm not saying to go 'all-in', but this stock has to be part of your portfolio. And whats not to like about natural gas?

I'll post my positions as soon as I buy them. I've been busy at work since last week and this week are my final weeks. Did anyone do WCG? It had that nice 5% pop the day after I said to get in! arghhh.

No comments: