Goog Adsense

Friday, April 02, 2010

Friday, 2-April-2010

1) So JL fills in for BR on Fridays. JL receives an incoming call for a client. She yells it out to Boss. Boss says who? We do not have that client here. JL gets back on the phone and then tells Boss, yes, the client does have an account here. Boss then says I dont recognize that name. I speak up and answer the call. The clients daughter was calling on behalf of the client, because her dad is 98. The client just wanted to know about CD Yields. So I take the message and then hang up. I relay the message to Boss and she just starts bashing me with the fact that I have to give ALL sales calls to her. I told her that you didn't even recognize the clients name, plus it wasn't even the client, it was the clients daughter. Boss then starts giving me the whole history of the client (ie. went to dinners with them, fishing trips, etc.) We tried to call back the number the daughter left and it was a wrong number.

2) So I'm helping out JL's husband, DL, figure out cost basis for some mutual funds that he sold last year. It's been frustrating to get these tax numbers, because DL has transferred them from firm to firm where the cost basis has been lost. In turn, I have to type these letter of authorizations signed by the client to have them mailed to the respective sponsoring firm. I sent an email last night to DL that I needed yet another sponsoring firm to try and capture the cost basis. JL asked me this morning if I could personally just "make up a number so they could use it for their taxes". I didn't know what to say, because that would be horrific if he got audited and they said I gave them that cost basis number. I told JL to just talk to their CPA for ideas.

No comments: